Task results can consist of text and/or files, both of which can be saved to disk. Text results displayed in any result view can be saved to disk in the following ways:
- Select menu File - Save As...(shift - command - S)
- Select context menu Task Results - Save As...
The text Save sheet will be displayed.
The save sheet contains the following controls:
- Save As
- The name of the file to save the result to.
- File Format
- The file format to be used to write the file. The available formats are:
- Portable document format. Saves the result as PDF.
- Plain text. Saves the result as plain text. Any CSS styling that has been applied is removed.
- Property list. Saves the result as an OS X property list.
- Rich text format. Saves the result as an RTF file. Any CSS applied styling is retained.
- XML. Formats the result as XML. The XML schema is the same one used when viewing a result as XML.
- YAML. Formats the result as YAML.
- Open file in default application following save
- Once the result has been written to disk the default application for the chosen format will be launched to display the file.
Saving Result Files
Tasks can return zero or more files as part of a task result. Result files remain available for as long as their task remains open. Whenever a task tab or task window is closed any result files associated with the task are deleted. It is therefore important to save any required task files prior to closing the task. In order to save result files select the icon format to display the result files. In order to save a single file select it from the available files and choose one of the following:
- Select menu File - Save [FILENAME] As...(shift - command - S)
- Select context menu Save [FILENAME] As...
The file Save sheet will be displayed and the Save As control can be used to save the file under a new name if required. To save more than one file at a time select the required files and choose one of the following:
- Select menu File - Save [N] Result files As...(shift - command - S)
- Select context menu Save [N] Result files As...
The multiple file Save sheet will be displayed. All files can be selected for saving using menu Edit - Select All (command - A).
When multiple files are being saved the existing filenames will be used. The file save sheet contains the following controls:
- Prompt to overwrite existing files. Select this option to be prompted before overwriting any existing files.
- Overwrite existing files. Select this option to overwrite existing files without prompting.
- Open files in default applications following save. Launches the default application for each file once it has been saved. If the saved files are of different types this can cause a number of different applications to be launched.